Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rimmel Pompous - a glistening true purple


Rimmel is probably my favorite supermarket brand. They have some excellent mascaras and I do like their nail polish. Formula is good - I like especially the 60 seconds version. It keeps the promise and dries fast - and covers with two coats. I could use more shades, though. For some reason they are not importing all colors to Finland. And that's really a shame, the palette is quite adventurous for a supermarket brand.

This beauty is Pompous. A sophisticated, shimmery shade of purple, more mysterious or regal than vampy. Blue and red tones are quite well balanced in this shade, I'm quite tempted to call this a true purple. Also the shimmer is a mix of blue and magenta shimmer, slightly accented with crystal coloured twinkle. It might have a wintery feel on it, but this shade of purple looks really good with slightly tanned skin, too. So I won't bury it on the bottom of the stash for the summer. I might get that feel for purple nails, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite colors of nail polish. I don't own any Rimmels. they do have a nice range on colors. I buy 99% of my polish online. The prices are good and it's so easy to order. Way to easy, I spend too much. There are so many lovely shades of purple to choose from.

    ReplyDelete